Agat-Electromechanical Plant has been a part of our world for over 65 years. Let’s visit some milestones.
1950 beginning of the story: establishment of 1st building of the plant;
1952 naming: OAO Agat - Electromechanical Plant;
1951-1954 active development: construction of new buildings;
1956 technical redevelopment due to the rapid growth of production: Ministry of Radio Engineering jurisdiction;
1966 successful completion of joint state tests: Center-1 System entered service;
1966-1967 preproduction phase: Signal System along with Air System largely determined the plant’s stability for the subsequent years;
1978 production upgrade: equipping mechanical production with numerically controlled machines and flexible production modules.
1989 health promotion program launched: an afterwork disease prevention center Lazurny was built outside the city for treatment and rehabilitation of workers and their children;
1990 leaping forward as a national company: complex products for the country's defense needs;
1994 anti-crisis measures: development of new products for general technical purposes and search for new orders. A marketing department set up.
Currently, the company is part of the State Military-Industrial Committee of the Republic of Belarus and is part of the Geographic Information Management Systems Holding.
A number of high-tech projects have been carried out in the interests of the economy of the Republic of Belarus, for example: information and reference systems for passenger transport, components for automobiles and buses manufactured by MAZ, BelAZ mining dump trucks, MZKT special purpose vehicles, tractors Belarus by MTZ, Belkommunmash trolley buses and more.
The company has repeatedly received government awards, and the workers have been singled out rewards.
The company has implemented a quality management system in accordance with the requirement of STB ISO 9001 and received a Certificate of Conformity for design, manufacture and sale of automotive engineering.